Strona główna szukaj Forum

#1 2024-03-13 07:49:12

ymakerpi8d
Zaawansowany forumowicz

Tom Brady Steve Young address Aaron Rodgers potential retirement after

Not many people have as much insight on being an all-time great NFL quarterback and the trouble with deciding when to retire as . With four-time NFL MVP ' season ending in crushing fashion with on "Sunday Night Football," the 39-year-old pa ser  and taking some time to weigh his options prior to free agency in March.Brady and  Justin Turner Jersey his latest guest on his SirusXM radio show/podcast "!" -- Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young -- provided insight on what it's like to contemplate moving on from football and the best time to think through such a decision, given Rodgers comments."What he's Rodgers contemplating is, in my mind, a death. And who chooses death?" Steve Young said Tuesday, alluding to retiring from profe sional football."Because when you're the best at something in the world and then you leave the game and the next day you're not that anymore and you find out, you know what, I' Sandy Koufax Jersey m not actually even good at anything else.""So you end up wanting so much to go back to the thing I was great at. Not because you want the adulation and people to tell you that you're great, like there's something that you're great at. And as a human being you don't want to Brady said "suck" , that's my highest and best use.  "What Rodgers is contemplating is a really difficult thing, and people have no idea  having been there and felt that and have to deal with  Hyun-Jin Ryu Jersey it. I always tell people, 'The next day you're at the bottom of a cliff in a broken sack of bones. And then you gotta stand up and start doing something different. But it's never going to be the same. It'll never be as all-encompa sing, every bit of yourself poured out every week. There's nothing like it. And that's why Aaron is sitting in that spot, looking over the cliff going, 'I don't want to fall down there. I don't want to go there. I don't." And that's really how I viscerally feel him today."         Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + Fernando Valenzuela Jersey  fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.     I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .                 Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.     Sorry!   There was an error proce sing your subscription.     Brady, whose initial retirement lasted 40 days after becoming public on February 1, 2021, and ending on March 13, 2021, validated Young's sentiments and emphasized the importance of taking the proper amount of time to think through a potential career-ending decision. "Steve brings out  Kenley Jansen Jersey the perfect point," the quarterback said. "Those are absolutely legitimate feelings and emotions. And I think the most important thing is the day after the season, and I made this mistake, is not to decide the future."   Last offseason, Rodgers made the decision to re-sign with the Packers on a three-year, $150 million contract extension prior to the franchise tag deadline, and since he  he "won't hold 'em the Packers hostage," it's safe to say he'll figure out his future in time to inform Green Bay's offseason roster building.

Stopka forum